Monday, February 21, 2011

Anushka: 'I'm not aiming to be top heroine!'




Comparisons may be odious, though there is little relief for Anushka Sharma who is constantly being weighed in star value against Sonam Kapoor and Deepika Padukone.

Ms. Sharma sashayed into cinebiz with a three film contract with Yash Raj Film: debut 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' (Shah Rukh Khan); 'Badmaash Company' (Shahid Kapoor) and 'Band Baaja Baaraat' (Ranveer Singh). Despite her winning streak, she's not yet being lauded in the same league as Sonny Gal and DP.

With 'BBB' and 'Patiala House,' Anushka has confirmed her credentials as an actress of merit.

States a top trade analyst, "Anushka' much ahead in terms of talent in comparison to Sonam Kapoor and Deepika Padukone. She just needs a couple of hits for her market value to soar. After 'Band...' the industry circles too started taking note of her as an independent performer. In 'Patiala House', she was one of the redeeming features."

Another ace trade honcho states, "Sonam comes from a film family and Deepika has learnt it all through her own mistakes. Anushka is a fine actor and she will get her due soon."

Meanwhile, the entity in question confesses to be quite unconcerned over such prickly issues.

States Sharma in a tabloid quote, "I don't know why everyone keeps comparing me to Sonam and Deepika. I am a part of the industry, but I'm not aiming to be the top heroine. For me, it really does not matter what number I am placed at. Of course, I'm career oriented, but ultimately it is also audience appreciation that matters to me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment